Exceptional strategy is more important than ever. CEOs need knowledgeable, insightful leaders who can support the corporate strategy while seeking new and creative ways to enhance the company’s value proposition. Skilled strategic management professionals establish and direct disciplined approaches to planning and execution that fits their organization by being practical, sustainable and cost effective. This Program gives you an understanding of the discipline of strategic management as a whole and breaks down the required phases and steps for planning, implementation and evaluation of strategy as a management process.
Who should attend?
All managers and leaders involved in the development of an organisation’s strategic management and strategic and implementation planning activities, in particular:
• Executive Directors.
• Senior Managers.
• Department Directors.
• Programme Coordinators and Managers.
• Directors of Administrations or Operations.
• Senior Project Managers.
• Board members.
How will this program benefit you?
Upon completion you will be able to:
• Understand why strategic management is important to the success of an organization.
• Identify the key elements of a strategic plan and learn what is involved in strategic planning.
• Identify main strategic challenges facing organizations.
• Practice using strategic planning frameworks and tools.
• Understand how to translate strategy into a plan.
• Recognise and address the potential challenges and risks associated with translating a strategic plan into action.
– Practice formulating an annual operating plan.
• Monitor and evaluate implementation of strategic and implementation plans.
Introduction to Strategic Management:
• Introduction to the international development system.
• Strategic management in context: growth, retrenchment or stability in a changing environment.
• Accountability, performance, Impact, relevance and value.
Using strategy and strategic thinking for management:
• Introduction to strategy and strategic thinking.
• Characteristics of good strategy: such as “positioning”,
• ‘synergy* and “fit”.
• Key principles and common pitfalls, distortions and deceptions of strategic thinking.
Identifying the key elements of a strategic plan:
• Understanding the Importance of strategic planning
1. Where are you now? (Analysis)
2. Where do you want to go? (Choice or appraisal)
3. How do you get there? (Implementation or action)
• this is based on an assignment. You will select the appropriate team and discuss the potential pitfalls of a project.
• you will work on the key factors which creates stress in the workplace and learn how to mitigate that stress.
The emphasis is on helping team members to support one another during stressful work periods.
• you will be introduced to a coaching model and practice coaching one another on a work issue.
Managing difficult people
• recognising trigger points in others
• managing our reactions to difficult people
• dealing assertively with conflict.
Tassili specialist trainers.
24 Hours (This program’s duration is Six days, four hours per day).