63. LABORATORY SAFETY AND MANAGEMENT OF CHEMICALS (LSMC)
A good understanding of the fundamental principles of safe laboratory practice is critical for all people working within laboratories to protect themselves and other, this invaluable five days training program covering laboratory safety and management of chemicals has been designed to introduce all operations and technical personnel who work within the oil and gas industry to essential aspects of laboratory safety.
Who should attend?
Chemists, Production Supervisors and operators, Service Technicians, Chemical Account managers, HSE Staff and Managers and Anyone with responsibility for Laboratory operations who want to improve Laboratory safety.
How will this program benefit you?
Upon completion you will be able to:
- Identify the main health and safety risks in the laboratory and how to control those risks.
- Describe employer’s and employee’s responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act and relevant lab legislation.
- Categorise the main chemical classes and the hazards associated with chemicals used in the lab and process system.
- Segregate and store chemicals correctly including chemical compatibility, containment, fire safety, labeling and security.
- Identify safe practices for transportation and disposal of hazardous laboratory chemicals including legal requirements.
- Take appropriate action in the event of an accidental chemical spillage or laboratory accident.
- Describe a typical fire safety plan including risk assessment, training of personnel, escape planning and emergency response.
- Follow fire prevention principles and take appropriate action in the event of a fire.
- Improve lab housekeeping; reduce the risk of slips, trip and falls and manual handling injuries.
- Describe the legal requirements for fume cupboard, pressurized equipment and Portable Appliance Testing.
- Identify and implement safe working practices in the laboratory and on the chemical process plant.
- Monitor for gas or hydrocarbon leaks from sample cylinders or equipment within the laboratory, and take appropriate action.
- Effectively identify, assess and control gas safety issues including safe use of gas equipment and emergency procedures.
- Identify potential risks associated with samples contaminated by pyrophoric scale, radiation or biological substances.
- Carry out laboratory inspection and laboratory safety monitoring on a day to day basis.
In this program the fundamentals of effective laboratory safety will be covered along with the safe use and management of both process and laboratory chemicals. also the part of the training will be dedicated to the learning to identify and manage many varied hazards, many of which you may never have considered.
Presented by: Tassili Specialist Trainers.
Duration: 5 days (20 Hours)
Apply: Apply Now