Stakeholder Management has long been a challenge that has led to the failure of many projects. A key project success factor is managing stakeholders expectations and effectively managing their needs and wants. In this course we will examine the identification of stakeholders, how to group and analyse them to minimize project risk and resolve issues that may adversely affect your project.
Who should attend?
This program will be suitable for
• Project team members, project managers, and managers of project managers who are looking to establish a solid command of project management concepts and techniques
• Experienced project managers who are looking to formalize their project management knowledge and sharpen their current skill sets.
• Individuals interested in entering the field of project management.
How will this program benefit you?
• Describe how projects assist an organization in achieving Its goals.
• Explain what factors lead to successful project outcomes.
• Describe how project management knowledge is organized under the PMBOK Guide framework.
• Initiate a project using a project charter.
• Identify and analyze project stakeholders.
• Determine stakeholder Information needs and project communication requirements.
• Describe an approach for designing and developing a project management plan.
• Describe the responsibilities of the project manager during project execution.
• Communicate effectively with project stakeholders
• Manage stakeholder expectations to ensure stakeholder satisfaction.
• Formally close a project or phase.
• Who are stakeholders?
• Stakeholder categories
• The role of key stakeholders
Understanding Stakeholder Expectations
• How committed are they to the project?
• Getting buy -in
• Stakeholder identification
• Stakeholder requirements analysis
• Aligning stakeholder requirements to business & organizational objectives
• Prioritising stakeholder requirements to business & organizational objectives
• Getting approval to proceed with the project Communication Techniques
• Dealing with organization politics
• Managing expectations that can’t be met Ongoing Management of Stakeholder Expectations
• Selling the project
– Maintaining the commitment
• Status reporting
Tassili and AAPM specialist trainers.
24Hours. This program is delivered in six days.
This is a hands-on workshop and participants will be given opportunities to develop and practice skills using case studies and exercises in a supportive environment.