Solutions do not just present themselves, Problems do not simply go away, Plans do not spring up in perfect details out of a good night’s sleep: The world of risk is not like that. More and more organisation are teaching their key people to think strategically. This makes for more efficient planning, smoother transitions in the time of change and fewer insoluble problems. This program will show you the techniques and set you on the road to efficient and clever strategic thinking.
Who should attend?
Heads of department, Managers, Senior manager, and directors of risk management, in essence anyone who has to think strategically for the benefit of the organisation to their department.
How will this program benefit you?
Upon completion you will be able to:
– Understand the techniques required to think strategically.
– Think your way through to innovative solutions.
– Work with your won prefered mind pattern.
– Get our of your present thinking box.
– Find the way forward in even the trickiest situation.
– Apply the concept of strategic intent and evaluate its appropriateness in your department.
– Prepare a competitive analysis of your department with recommendations for strategic development, based on an industry analysis and an understanding of the company’s current operations.
– Evaluate your own organisation and your department in terms of its core competencies.
– Build a strategic plan for your section or department.
Understand yourself and your thought processes
– The upper level thinking skills. We do not all use our brains in the same way, Nor are our brains are wired up exactly like our colleague, This is what adds value and additional dimensions to the thought processes.
– Your personal thinking capacities
– Establish your strategic perspective.
The five criteria for strategic thinking. (You must get these right if you’re to think strategically).
– Driving forces.
– Ideal position.
Downboard thinking.(Life can be like a game of chess)
– One move ahead is not enough.
– Envision the future – How to be a futurist.
– Discover opportunities behind obstacles – Explore patterns of behaviour.
Creative and Critical thinking
– How to think outside any box you know.
– Techniques to reveal your creative mind.
Checklist for creating a strategy:
You’ve done your thinking now you need to make sure that strategy works and is a winner. Perhaps more importantly that your colleagues agree.
– Scenarios, Targets and allies.
– Tactics and timing.
20 Hours, This program’s duration is five days, four hours per day.
Tassili specialist trainers.